Wednesday, November 1, 2017

A Letter to His Ex, the Mother of His Child

Dear A,

Although I’m not sure how to start this, I have a lot to say. First and foremost, I am not trying to take over your roll as mother. That was never and still is not my intent. I want to be someone that she trusts and loves, because I love her, and I absolutely treat her as my own when she’s with us, but that’s not a dig at you. That’s because I love and respect that little girl so much, that it would be wrong to treat her as an outsider. I want you to be assured, that I will never ask her to call me anything but my name, because that is not my place, you are her mom, and I completely understand that. I want you to know that I have never, and will continue to never say a bad thing about you or in regards to you in front of her.

I don’t understand where your hatred of me comes from. Personally, I was ecstatic when my son’s father found someone who treats my son like her own, who when I can’t get off early and run him to practice, she is more than willing to, when his dad and I both work, guess what, he stays with his soon to be step-mom. Those little gestures, that I too am all too willing to do for your daughter. I get that we are two very different people, and that may be where it stems from, I’m not here to make anything difficult, I want things to be easier. You have been nothing but mean, nasty, and rude to me since the day you found out about me. I have never retaliated and even when faced with blatant disrespect, I have not said a word to you good, bad, or indifferent. I’ve not bashed you on social media, I’ve not sent you nasty messages, I’ve not done a thing to make you hate me other than loving your ex, and loving your daughter. Regardless of how our (you and I) relationship turns out, and I pray that it does get better, the treatment of your daughter will not change. It breaks my heart that she has to go through all of this and that with maybe one, level, conversation, a lot of it could be easily resolved. I’ve thought many times about reaching out, but was never sure of my reception and don’t want to make things even worse than they already are. When you are willing to step out of your comfort zone, and have an actual conversation with me, I hope you see that I’m not this monster that you made up in your head. I’m a good person who has nothing but the best intentions for your daughter. You would see that I absolutely care, and am willing to help out. Until that day, if it ever comes, I wish you the best, and pray that one day, we can get along.

Sincerely,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment