Saturday, May 22, 2010

This movie is AMAZING!

So, if you have ever worked in an office, whether it be for one day or years (both of which seem like eternity), then you MUST watch the movie Office Space if you have not done so already. It is the epitome of what working in an office will do to you. I'm sure there are fun offices out there, like the ones that let you bring your dogs to work, or hell even let you wear jeans (which I don't understand why that matters if you never see the consumer of your products, but I'll save that for another post.) I don't know, I'm just saying that the movie it totally relate able, as well as Dane Cook's sketch about the crazy co-worker. Anyway, the following quote from Office Space is pretty much summing up my whole 'in an office' work experience. I have LOVED my jobs outside of an office, but they don't pay as well and I am greedy apparently.... lol Without further adieu:

Quote #1:
Peter Gibbons: The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
Bob Porter: Don't... don't care?
Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's something else, Bob: I have eight different bosses right now.
Bob Slydell: I beg your pardon?
Peter Gibbons: Eight bosses.
Bob Slydell: Eight?
Peter Gibbons: Eight, Bob. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.

Quote #2:
Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

More quotes, these are not from Office Space.

Quotes from The Office:
Jim Halpert: Because right now, this is a job. If I advance any higher, this would be my career. And if this were my career, I'd have to throw myself in front of a train.


Michael Scott: Last week I would've given a kidney to anyone in this office. I would've reached right into my stomach and pulled it out for them. But now, no. I don't have the relationship with these people that I thought I did. I hope they ask, so they can hear me say, "Uh, no, I only give my organs to my real friends. Go get yourself a monkey kidney."

No comments:

Post a Comment